Back in the market! Situated on rare double lot (tax ID # 1467//0877 and # 1467//1005). 2018 complete renovation. Prestigious custom-built W.C. & A.N Miller residence in Spring Valley with its classic architecture, represents both majesty and comfort. This elegant all-brick 5BR, 4BA, 2-car garage home is perfectly designed for a lifestyle that embraces both intimate moments and grand entertaining. The interior reflects exceptional thought and detail while the exterior presents stunningly realized landscaping and manicured green space, establishing a supremely private backyard atmosphere of both serenity and sophistication. Guests are welcomed into a gleaming two-story entry with graceful curving staircase, and shining new hardwood flooring throughout the main level and upper level, setting a dignified tone from the moment of entry. Masterfully designed for entertaining, the main level spaces are seamless connected with the option to close off the kitchen, essentially creating three different guest spaces. The handsomely appointed, window-adorned living room with gas fireplace and French doors leads to the formal dining room. The expanse grand kitchen is beautiful chef~s dream, including a built-in desk, and a large sunlit space for family brunch or sit-down dinner. The adjacent, well-appointed sitting room boasts windows galore, a brick-lined fireplace, and a seamless connection to the exceptional outdoor space that takes full advantage of the property~s rare oversized lot. The upper level living quarters include four spacious bedroom suites and three bathrooms, including a sophisticated master suite and bath retreat, and laundry room with cabinets and countertops. The expansive, daylight-filled lower level is generously elegant, spanning nearly the entire length of the rear elevation of the home, with an enormous family/recreational room, spacious guest suite and bath, an additional laundry and storage room, huge sliding doors to the backyard patio. The home~s treasure is its masterfully manicured grounds with fruit-bearing vines, mature trees, stone walkway and hardscaping, and pergola. This remarkable home, with its private oasis, will make you forget you are just minutes away from the White House and the nation's capital. Roof 2019, HVAC 2017.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, 3+ Story, Transitional
4 Full/1 Half
Public Water Service
5,488 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
District Of Columbia Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Sitting Room, Mud Room, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area, Formal
- Hookups in Basement
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Ice Maker, Microwave, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Stove, Washer
- Hardwood, Carpet Wall to Wall, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric
- Electric Heating. Central.
- Full, Full Finished, Entrance Outside, Space For Rooms, Walkout
- 2. Brick, Gas Burning, Mantle, Wood-burning, Fireplace Screen.
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Crown Molding, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Attic Storage, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Concrete Driveway, Private.
- Deck, Patio
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Additional Lot(s), Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Additional Lot(S), Backs To Trees, Landscaping, Level, Premium, Private, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S), Corner.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)